News:
Welcome to the MBF Leasing SUCKS forum.
Unique Visitors:
www.merchantpointofsale.com unique visitors
View the 20 most recent posts
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Joining forces and creating a Class action lawsuit (Read 16712 times)
just Dave
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Joining forces and creating a Class action lawsuit
01/08/08 at 10:17:56

I would like to help out any way I can, I would love to join, and or start a class action law suit.  Let me know what you think

IP Logged
standingbear
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Re: Joining forces and creating a Class action law
Reply #1 - 01/09/08 at 10:12:07

My name is Cory Jenkins And I am in Texas and would like to join forces to sue the pants off this ripoff company.
All the story's sound exacly the same as mine.
Today I am closing my bank account and will just deal with the calls.
they will not rip me off any more.
already contacted the BBB

IP Logged
MBF Leasing Sucks Admin
YaBB Administrator

MBF Leasing is a
SCAM

One step ahead of Jay Cohen
Reply #2 - 01/09/08 at 11:05:08

Cory,

If possible, log the calls in as much detail as you can.  I know its a pain and time consuming, but it is hard evidence and will show a repeating pattern.  Also recording the call audio is even better, if possible.  They stopped calling me once they figured out I was recording them otherwise I would still be recording every call.  I have read about cases where saying that calls were made was not enough information.  Details are needed and audio is best.  I am inclined to subpoena the call records from MBF Leasing / Northern Leasing (etc), but I don't trust them to send actual records.  It is against the law for any organization to use automated predictive dialers that cause more than a certain percentage of calls to be disconnected due to over subscription of their line capacity.  It is also a violation to call individuals more than once per day for the purpose of demanding payment.  Their call logs would prove that they are doing both of these things, but I doubt they would provide the data in tact so it is up to us to prove it collectively.  Sorry if this is confusing but trust me.  Just log and record all their calls to you.  It will help us all.

The Administrator of www.merchantpointofsale.com
WWW   IP Logged
Kerry
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #3 - 01/24/08 at 20:47:11

I am amazed at the similarity of all the stories. I was told the machine we leased did more than it did. Never received a contract although I repeatedly asked for it. finally arrived after calling the company and having it faxed.  All kinds of promises made from the salesman, and I had all kinds of questions. He didn't have the answers, and then all of the sudden, yes! the answers all fit what I needed!!!  (Amazing, huh!?!)

I'll be sending the machine back to the company, have already had my lawyer send a certified letter to them. Vericomm will charge me $350 to close the account.

I've sent in a letter of complaint to the BBB.

It's a heck of a lot of work to close this bank account! Makes me wonder if it's worth it to pursue, but I'm willing to jump on board a class action lawsuit. The jerks.

IP Logged
SUESUESUE
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #4 - 01/26/08 at 23:55:24

I have closed my bank account, business phone number and home phone number. They even got into my credit report and 100 points have dropped because of them. They are really scary people and they are getting me sick to my stomach. They sued me for not making the payments and I got a court date in NY which I can't even make it to. They even posted the court paper in front of the main door at my apartment. I really need to solve this soon because it doesn't seem like it is going to get any better. EVERYBODY..Please check your credit score. You will be suprised. I do not know too much about law but How :'( can we sue them ???????Deperately in need of HELP........

IP Logged
steve
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #5 - 02/04/08 at 20:03:19

My wife signed up for this "service" about 4 years ago.  Only recently did I find out who they really are.  Count me in on any action.

IP Logged
just Dave
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #6 - 02/15/08 at 14:58:52

well the biggest Question is who is willing to spend some $$ on getting an attorony to fight this, honestly we need to get the press involved and a group of people.  Im willing to pitch in but we need others.

IP Logged
MBF Leasing Sucks Admin
YaBB Administrator

MBF Leasing is a
SCAM

Reply #7 - 02/15/08 at 16:30:43

just Dave wrote on 02/15/08 at 14:58:52:
well the biggest Question is who is willing to spend some $$ on getting an attorony to fight this, honestly we need to get the press involved and a group of people.  Im willing to pitch in but we need others.

Folks, there are at least 2 class action lawsuits in progress now.  The information about it is all over the home page of this website.  The contact information for the attorney working this class action is available on this website also.  The attorney (Chittur) is accepting written testimony and your documented facts.  Call him today and send him your story in writing!

Also, if you don't want to wait for a class action verdict and trial, you can potentially get quicker results by filing your own case in small claims against them from your own home towns (such as I have done).  You would be smart to at least talk to an attorney before you file your case if you go that route.  In my state (CA), you cannot have an attorney represent you (nor can MBF / NLSI) in small claims court, and the maximum damages you can sue for is $7,500, but you can talk to an attorney for advice.  There is more to this and I would strongly recommend talking to an attorney.  

The important thing to remember here is that you all have very good cases against MBF / NLSI.  You and I are the victims of fraud so don't be intimidated by the scum.

Take action right now by doing these things:

A)  Filing a complaint with your states AG
B)  Filing a complaint with the NY AG
C)  Filing a complaint with the IL AG
D)  Filing a report with the FTC
E)  Filing a complaint with the BBB
F)  Contacting the attorney (Chittur) fighting for a class action judgment and sending him your testimony and evidence or,
G)  Talking to an attorney and file your own lawsuit in small claims
H)  Send your story to ABC news.  A journalist has already investigated MBF / NLSI and the link to those stories is available on my website from the navigation menu.

Do it now!  Don't let another day go by without taking REAL ACTION to get justice!  SERIOUSLY!!!!

Thanks for reading and thanks for the comments.  If you have any questions about what I am saying here, don't hesitate to ask!

WWW   IP Logged
just Dave
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #8 - 02/15/08 at 16:52:56

I love it....   I'm going to spend my next day off ... funny I know like I ever get a day off ... anyways   I'm going to do this thanks for the web site and helpfull info....  Everyone we need to do this.

Thanks David

IP Logged
justiceatlast
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #9 - 02/15/08 at 22:43:04

The important detail to note about the class action lawsuit in NY is the following:

Class Action Allegations

9)     Plaintiffs bring this actions pursuant to Article IX, CPLR, on behalf of a Class consisting of themselves and all other persons in the United States who are lessees or guarantors under leasing or financing contracts with the defendant Northern Leasing whereunder the defendant Northern Leasing (as lessor) purported to lease business equipment.

I consulted with a couple of lawyers in California.  Lawyers have some honor code and won't necessarily initiate another suit if there's one that already exists especially if the existing one includes all others in the country similarly situated.

I hope this is encouraging if not helpful.

IP Logged
MBF Leasing Sucks Admin
YaBB Administrator

MBF Leasing is a
SCAM

Reply #10 - 02/16/08 at 00:09:39

justiceatlast wrote on 02/15/08 at 22:43:04:
The important detail to note about the class action lawsuit in NY is the following:

Class Action Allegations

9)     Plaintiffs bring this actions pursuant to Article IX, CPLR, on behalf of a Class consisting of themselves and all other persons in the United States who are lessees or guarantors under leasing or financing contracts with the defendant Northern Leasing whereunder the defendant Northern Leasing (as lessor) purported to lease business equipment.

I consulted with a couple of lawyers in California.  Lawyers have some honor code and won't necessarily initiate another suit if there's one that already exists especially if the existing one includes all others in the country similarly situated.

I hope this is encouraging if not helpful.

Indeed.  That is an excellent point.  If this class action lawsuit prevails, everyone will be compensated.  Thanks for pointing this out.

I think the $100 Million (final amount to be determined by a jury at trial) should be enough for us all to get our money back.   Roll Eyes  I just hope they also compensate us for the damage to our credit and the harassment, including a complete removal of the negative credit.  Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Skunked
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #11 - 02/16/08 at 18:47:20

I too have been scammed after thinking I was finally going to get a real business started.  :'( My scamming companies were UBCOA and Northern Leasing.  I would like to get hold of the NYC lawyer doing the class action suit and see if I could join it.  How can I contact him quickly?

IP Logged
SUESUESUE
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #12 - 02/16/08 at 21:05:23

I got a letter from them today saying that they will take legal actions. If I don't pay $6400 in 10days they will put a lien on my personal property or bank account. Is this legala dn do  you think they are really going to do this to me? I am thinking of negotiating and paying it right now to get them off my case BUT I will file complaint to the state lawyers and will try to get the money back. Please someone give me some suggestions. I am located in Maryland. Is there anyone from Maryland?
Thank you....

IP Logged
justiceatlast
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #13 - 02/16/08 at 23:42:04

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not negotiate with them.  This is how they continue to thrive.  If you're willing to pay them any, any money at all, why not invest in an attorney?  Think about it.  Paying them any money at all establishes that they rightly conduct business and legitimizes their contract.  I am not suggesting ignoring them but an attorney can help you.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.  An attorney will save you thousands in the end.

As mentioned in the previous replies, there is no need to join the NY class action as it already includes everyone in the country similarly situated.  Also, keep in mind that initial attorney consultation should be free.  Talking to one sooner will only be to your advantage.

IP Logged
Skunked
YaBB Newbies

MBF Leasing Sucks
Message Board

Reply #14 - 03/02/08 at 10:34:52

What is the date of the class action suit and when should we expect it to be settled?  

My health isn't doing well since this all started for me and I'm not looking forward to their harrassing calls or letters.

I don't know what my first step should be.  I need to send back my credit card machine, but don't know which address should be used.  Help?  

Skunked  Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print